Thursday, September 11, 2008

Two years in Mthatha, Eastern Cape, South Africa

Several of the following posts have been adapted from newsletters I sent back to friends in New Zealand during my two years in Mthatha. Others I have written with the benefit of a little hindsight and ongoing research into the history of Southern Africa and the people that inhabit it.


I will be posting a lot of photos. I hold large electronic files of most of them. All my photography in South Africa was on film but I have been scanning (using a Plustek OpticFilm 7200i that can do very high definition recordings) and all of the photos are available from me in large file format should someone want any. You may use something from these postings so long as I am recognized as the photographer and copyright holder.

I am very happy to have people comment on my postings where it means we build a better understanding of this beautiful part of the world. I would really appreciate it if others can add (positively) to my word and visual pictures.

The first posts are, of course, at the bottom of this heap!

Enjoy

2 comments:

Ntsikinyane said...

Hmm this is interesting. Did you leave in one of those round huts?How did you manage in this remote poor area on your own? I bet you might have found yourself a poor Xhosa girl, they can be adventurous.

Charles Bagnall said...

Yes, they can be adventurous... and cheaky!